Wednesday, December 17, 2008

you and me just trying to get it right

i was thinking about you today. it was odd because when i stare out the window of the bus, especially as of late, my thoughts are usually filled with mindless daydreaming of things that will never happen but today i thought of what happened with us. i thought about all the things i wanted to tell you and how at one point, for almost everything, you were the first person i instinctively turned to. funny how things work out.

or don't.


i am sitting here in somewhat dressy clothes, dressy in comparison to my usual cons, jeans, hmv t-shirt combo i've been doing for the past six days. am i really half way through my twelve day stretch? INDEED. i had a customer yesterday tell me, and make me feel extremely dirty while he said it, that i had the prettiest brown eyes he had ever seen. i was reduced to this stink eyed pool of disgust. i laugh it off but really, i wish you had said that when you were around. or that i had told you about your blues and that you shouldn't take blue so literally.